Monday

Its been a while! but here are my inspirations ! Abstract Comics

This book was my total inspiration for my comic !
i defiantly recommend it if you ever want to be inspired when it comes to comics and story boards.

This book defines what comics can be. They push boundaries, and even destroy any rule book when it comes to creating a comic.
Ill show you exactly what i mean, here are just a few examples from the book.

journey_abcomics_clear1.jpg
Can you see what i mean ? they all have that structure about them that hint upon the idea of comics. but they totally destroy every commercial comic, well in my eyes they do.
i didn't want to go looking for inspiration from the traditional comics, because i didn't want to create something that's already been done. For me these were so much more interesting.
obviously i could never do something so abstract as these because i have a specific message i want to portray. But the layout and media will let me explore these creative formats.
search for abstract comics blog, i found it very interesting and it really helped me push my creative side out.

No comments:

Post a Comment